hey guys, this is one of the posts that i was going to put up back in december and just found it lying in the drafts section. anyway, i figured i wrote this whole thing already, so i'm just gonna put it up here for you to see.
Nikole
What a day.
This morning I was woken up by my little brother Zackary, who was so happy and frantic for me to look out my window. The previous night while we were all watching the news together, they made an announcement that all of my school district would be canceled for school the next day, in the event of a 'snow storm'. My sister and I were very thrilled to get another day off from the week. So in the morning, my brother came in yelling, "snow! Ne-kole look out ur winow!" so i did and sure enough, my front yard was peppered with snow.
Unlike the stuff that coats your 'Frosted Mini-Wheat' cereal, or 'Frosted Flakes', the snow that we played in smelled like pine straw, and tasted like, well, fresh air. When i breathed it in, the tip of my nose was rimmed with little crystals. I took off my glove and gathered up a small ball of Snow and cradled it in the cup of my hand.
Soon, it melted from the radiation of my body heat, that was trying to keep my warm.
I love the snow. I love the snow. I love the snow. Anytime i am around it, i feel fresh and reserved. My mind is free from other thoughts in the world, and it soars with imagination. I'm not the only one who may feel this way about snow; i know there are others. But if you are like me, someone who does not have the chance to be around one of mother nature's creations, then this feeling only comes once every so often. And i love it.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment